View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #105
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
In the NBA your team aint **** unless you have a top of the line superstar franchise player. The Rockets can't and haven't been able to get that, but it hasn't been from a lack of trying. Franchise players don't go to teams who don't already have one or at least two in most cases now days, and Morey's been screwed on that note ever since Tmac and Yao fizzled out. You either have a franchise player or you don't in the NBA. If you don't your team will never be a contender. I've said that for years to folks in here and haven't been proven wrong yet. But for everything else Morey has been able to strike all sorts of deals where he got over on other teams. I'm pretty surprised that teams even still trade with him at this point.
He traded the #8 pick for a role player. He continued to build around Yao even though he was done when he hit the floor in la. He should started right then and not ever traded for martin and let scola go, suck for a year or 2 get a high draft pick. Instead, we kept going .500 with a limited upside team. I'm also assuming you forgot about the vetoed trade that wouldve sent CPto La and they wouldve still been able to get Howard. C'mon, smith has done just as good, if not a better job than morey.