View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #103
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Umm, we got a 3rd and a 4th for Demeco Ryans last year. Not bad for an aging, MLB, one year removed from a torn achilles tendon who was a liability in pass coverage when he was young and healthy.

How about the trade down in 2008 to drop back and grab Duane Brown one pick before the Chargers grabbed him. How does that move look now?

How about last off-season when he got us cap healthy without sacrificing the season and landed us (likely) 4 compensatory draft picks for this year, including a 3rd rounder?

How about outbidding the Bears a few years ago for an UDFA, offering a rare two year contract to lure him out of Chicago: Arian Foster?

He has let Dunta walk, and he let Mario walk away despite a lot of noise suggesting it was very foolish to do so... The Texans did have a choice, by the way. They could have restructured contracts and chosen not to pay some of Foster, Brown, Myers, Schaub... electing to "win now" with Mario and worry about the future when they had to. Good thing Rick and company avoided that nonsense!
This is the best you can do??? Lol!

You totally just made my point for me as usual Dale.

Rick Smith looked like a clown for what he let go of Demeco for. He could have gotten better assets then that.

And spare me with this moving up or down a few spots in 3rd rounds of drafts when you have no clue would have been there or wouldn't have been there. That isn't saying anything at all.

And you had the nerve to bring up last off season as if Rick Smith did well? Lol! Did you not see how bad our WR's were this season. I went on and on about it all off season and called Rick Smith still an amateur for what happened to the cap that fast which handcuffed him from being able to get help at WR's. We relied on unproven rookies to do the job. Shrewd GM there. Lol! I don't want to hear jack about last off season, because I warned many on this board that the WR's would struggle badly and they did and it hurt the team a lot.

If there is any props I'll give to Smith is that he has been able to draft well in the first round the last few years, but a lot of that goes to Kubiak and Wade who essentially tell these guys the players that they want. Smith has a say so for sure, but Kubiak has always been very involved in draft picks and Wade pretty much got his way the last two seasons.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote