View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #55
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17640 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trust the Texans' Front Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Even if they weren't pursuing Reed, someone's first assumption should not be that the decision to release a player was made out of incompetence. That does happen on some teams, but Smith has earned benefit of the doubt ten times over. Even from people sitting in their underwear on the internet who would've been better GM's but just didn't feel opening all those books.
Please educate me on how exactly Rick Smith has earned this free pass and the benefit of the doubt 'ten times over'. Perhaps you can convince a guy who feels that Rick Smith is actually not very good at his job. Not imcompetent, but not talented to where his ability is actually accounting for win shares.