View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #47
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trust the Texans' Front Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
It's pretty much the exact opposite of the Daryl Morey approach (championship or bust). With the Texans, it's what keeps them competitive and in the playoff hunt for the longest possible time. There just isn't the emphasis on building a true contender.
This is coming from someone who is relatively a Daryl Morey "guy", how many Championships has Daryl won in now his 6th season, again? Hell, how many playoff series have the Rockets won under his watch...

Dumbest comparison, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
If we just match contracts to keep everyone, it will bite us back when J.J. WATT is a free agent. Glover is solid and I really wish we could have kept him, but not worth overpaying.

For the record, Morey DOES NOT overpay for players unless they are stars, so he would have done the same thing.

Exactly!! (On both points) Although I have an aside or two:

A) I do think the Texans should've or could've afforded Quin at what Detroit's offer was.

B) What superstar has Morey paid for? "The Beard" maybe a superstar in the making, but even still, Morey didn't overpay.

Other than that, you were spot on..........

AND FTR, I'm done with basketball comparisons.... I'm looking at you Asidd_1990