View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #39
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I am Sick and Tired of this Front Office!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
I don't care. Whatever it is, the Texans could've matched Glover Quin contract. They're choosing to be fiscally responsible for future years and ignoring the rapidly-closing window right in front of their faces. I don't give a **** if matching Quin and Barwin might lead to a massive purge come 2015/2016, because the fact of the matter is, those aren't likely to be contending years anyway. Not with this core, at least. You have maybe two more years of the Schaub/Foster/Johnson era. If you can make yourself a bigger Super Bowl contender in the meantime, it's well worth dropping from 8-8 to 5-11 in three years.

It's pretty much the exact opposite of the Daryl Morey approach (championship or bust). With the Texans, it's what keeps them competitive and in the playoff hunt for the longest possible time. There just isn't the emphasis on building a true contender.

SMH
Translation: