View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #62
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Myth of the Long Ball & Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
whered you get these numbers from?
Dutchrudder is correct - ESPN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
This doesn't pass my litmus test, so I went digging..

For 20+ yard completions, I show that he was 16th in the league with 46 completions of 20+ yards. He was also what 14th with 8 long balls of 40+ yards or more.

Not only do the stats contradict yours, but in general the eyeball test for Matt is he doesn't have good ball placement has to be on a schedule, or else he's very inefficient. I still think Matt is a system QB, and that's all he'll ever be, but that's all Kubiak wants though IMHO.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...ualified=false
Dutchrudder is also correct on this. Your stats do not contradict mine. They are just for something completely different. I spelled this out explicitly in my original post - this is on how far the ball travels IN THE AIR not the length of the end result of the play. Maybe your eyeball test should be able to tell the difference between those two basic concepts. The 41 yd WR screen to AJ to win in overtime - not in this. The 53 yd in the air pass - in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Color me dumb but I cannot understand these 'stats'. Further explanation please?
What is there not to understand? I think you are asking for conclusions and I was leaving those to each person.

ckhouston - try reading. This is in the air. It has nothing to do with dumping it to Foster and having him go 80 yards.

This thread was not intended as a general referendum on Schaub. I was surprised when I saw Big Ben's numbers and so started looking at some other QB's.