View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #124
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I realize that it helped us become a multiple time playoff team. Getting better coaching on the defensive side of the ball, drafting a couple of starting defensive players also contributed. I was being slightly sarcastic, but you can't go out and spend that way each year. The fact that we did in 2011 and had to pay a premium hurts us right now. Bringing in the top guys every year doesn't work. On a cap of 120ish million you can't give everyone $5 million. If you have a few players making $10 million it's even harder.
Agreed

But they have the $$$$ to sign Quin and a WR like DHB or Ramses-Barden in FA if they wanted too. I get that they couldn't sign a big name FA last, Rick's mismanagenent of the cap isn't allowing the Texans to be players in FA this yr.

It looks like Quin is going to walk because Rick is trying to squeeze him. He probably will take the same or less $$$$ in Detroit becuse of Ricks negotiating style.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote