View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #111
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Forget for a moment what other posters think about Quin versus the other defenders. What do the Texans think? If the Texans felt that Quin was more important than Antonio Smith, they cut cut Smith and easily sign Quin. They could cut Manning (freeing up $2.5 million) and that would help secure Quin. But, they haven't. What does that tell you? Doesn't mean they don't like, or want Quin back. Just that there is a number that they think he's worth. And that there are players already under contract they value as much, or more.
Good point, Antonio is more valuable than Quin, though by virtue of being about 5 years younger than Smith my instincts would almost edge me to retaining Quin over Smith. And Kareem is certainly more important, after all he's a corner and Quin is just a safety. So I've seen your claim that Quin is only about our 7th best defensive starter, plus he plays probably the least indespensible position in Wade's defensive, so I say bring him back but not at an unreasonably high price. We still may be able to grab some vet help at edge-rusher or WR in FA if we hold some cap space in reserve.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote