View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #109
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I have to disagree a bit with you here. I think Kjax and Quin were on pretty equal footing last year and Quin has been the more consistent. Quin is also asked to do alot more and his assignments are more difficult, to be honest. I'd take Quin over Jackson if I had to take one and only one for the same price.
Yeah........ I don't think you're going to sell Quin having more difficult assignments...... He's on the inside, the guy he's defending has a lot less options available to him. Kjax is on the edge, on an island & his guy can go anywhere he wants & is faster & many times just as physical.

But, it don't matter.

Jjo & Manning were the stars of our secondary in 2011. Hands down, without question, it was Kj & Quin in 2012.

I know people don't like to blame the deep safety for a lot of our issues, but.... Since Keo & Demps suck, & Cushing was hurt, DManning was asked to man up much more often in 2012 than in 2011, when he played center field for us.... & he was a damn good center fielder.

Next year, if we get a badass back in Cushing & Jjo is healthy, our defense would be sick if Quin returns. If not, our new ILB better be a badass, or we'll be dropping Manning into man coverage more often & he's just not as affective as Quin, imo. I don't care that he used to be a corner, I don't care that he did it in Chicago. He's not as good a tackler, he's not as physical at the line, or as hard a hitter as Quin. Manning is faster, has much better range, has better ball skills, but I'd much rather see Demps playing man coverage, with Manning playing center field. We'll get the same crappy coverage, but someone on the back end who might force a turnover.