View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Myth of the Long Ball & Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post

Kubiak's system does not seem to allow for artistry in the QB position, but a methodical and predictable approach..
Signed -
Rosencopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Numbers don't lie, but they don't always tell the whole truth. I don't know if it's his arm strength or if he's not technically right, but he's nowhere as good as some of the other QBs. In this instance "seeing is believing" saying applies to me. You only have to look at that Colts game where he fluttered a pass that was picked off and then overthrew AJ for another pick.
I think what Infantrycak's numbers show is how myoptic we are. We watch every Texans' game & analyze every snap, every throw, every drop. We know how often our receivers are turning around & slowing down to catch balls.

But we don't know to the same certainty how common that is. Anquan Boldin was a beast in Arizona & Baltimore because he can locate & adjust to the ball like very few receivers in the NFL can. That's part of the game.

The numbers clearly show Matt Schaub completes those passes with the same or better percentage than everyone on that list. No one is completing more deep passes (percentage wise) than Schaub. & his attempts are in line with guys "we" drool over..... Rogers, Ben, Peyton, Brady.

The only thing separating Schaub from those guys, is wins. If you think the QB deserves all the credit he gets from wins & all the blame he gets from losses then I understand the general sentiment around here.

But if you know this is a team game, then it doesn't make sense to me.

Flacco had a decent core of receivers when he came into the league. Mason I remember. But they said they have to get better at the skill position to go deep into the play offs. They went & got Boldin, they went & got Torrey Smith, & they picked up Pitta. The Falcons knew they would need more than Tony Gonzales & Roddy White to win (just win) in the post season, they moved up several spots to get Julio Jones.

Why is it that we think we should have won the Super Bowl by now, with Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, David Anderson, & Jacoby Jones? If you blame Kubiak & Rick Smith for that, then why take your anger out on Schaub?

Again, I wanted nothing more, than for Tj Yates to light it up last season.. but he didn't. Schaub got his job back. That's the way it goes.