View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Myth of the Long Ball & Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post

In the analytics era, you can pull out any statistic and make any point you want seem truthful.
Okay, do it. Pull out your stats that show Matt Schaub has trouble with the deep ball.

Quote:
Nice moral victory thread and this proves once again how delusional houstonians are with their quarterback.
Again, most of the people in this thread are as cynical as you about this point. Who exactly are you referring to? If I had to guess, most of Houston is not happy with Schaub right now.

Quote:
This is why we got stuck with david carr for so long. Houstonians and the front office were gutless and refused to see what they had in front of them. They kept on making rationalizations instead of making an honest analytical decision and move on from the situation.
Again, most of Houston was ready to move on from David Carr at least a season earlier than the Texans were. Proving that how Houstonians & Houston Texans' fans feel about their QB has absolutely nothing to do with why David Carr was with the Texans for so long.

Quote:
Its happening again with schaub.

You people deserve matt schaub and gary kubiak.
Again, this is a totally different beast all together from David Carr. The only thing you can point at with Carr that you might argue he was successful, was his completion percentage. David Carr has never experienced any kind of success as a Houston Texans or other wise.

And David Carr had everything we consider to be Matt's weaknesses, he was (at the time) young, he was mobile, he had a cannon of an arm. He wasn't a dummy, but he had no idea how to win in this league.

Schaub is slow, has a weak arm, looks like he's 40, has all the stats you'd want from a QB, led the league in passing one year, & made two pro bowls. Getting rid of Schaub right now, would be similar to getting rid of Brees after having a successful season post shoulder injury.

It doesn't make sense.

Again, I don't consider myself a Schaub fan, not in the slightest. Prior to 2012 I was probably his most vocal critic on this board. But what we've been seeing this last year, is just crazy talk. You don't straight cut a guy like Matt Schaub if you don't have someone ready to take his place. Had Tj went on a tear last year, similar to Russel Wilson.... yeah, Schaub shouldn't have got a new contract. But he didn't.

If the Texans were concerned about Schaub's health, then they should have drafted a QB last year.. maybe Russel Wilson in the third. But they didn't. If they have concerns this year, then maybe they should.... we'll see.

But how you or I feel about it will not play a factor in their decision.