View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #32
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Myth of the Long Ball & Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Maybe the timing issue is really about Kubiak's system and play calling?

Kubiak's system does not seem to allow for artistry in the QB position, but a methodical and predictable approach.

From what I see with my own eyes, and stats are not going to persuade me otherwise, the Texans have a problem with the deep ball.
I tend to agree with this....Kubiak's playcalling has more to do with whats going on with schaub than people want to believe. he's conservative by nature, you have to figure that some of his coaching to Schaub has been "make the safe plays" essentially only allowing for chances to be taken throwing the ball when guys are wide open....or when we have to. And schaub's progressions are most definitely short to deep 8 out of 10 times.

Mixing things up more would also help a lot too.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote