View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #31
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Myth of the Long Ball & Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
They aren't meaningless they just don't tell the whole story. You want to convince people who watch Schaub consistently over throw wide open WR's you're going to need more than completion percentage and passes attempted.
I didn't claim he over throws. But I will say when you look at 4000 passes, with 4 likely hall of famers and 2 other guys with SB rings and the overall efficiency comes out looking very similar then I think it is pretty damn strong evidence people's eyes/disappointment with the team are fooling them more than reality.

I am sure all 7 of the 40+ yard throws by Peyton/Brady were perfectly thrown/drops/perfectly defended/whatever freaking excuse or there would have been at least one completion and Schaub's 3 of 4 completions were all despite being a horribly inaccurate, noodle armed, backup only quality QB.

People are missing a significant reason for this thread - 30+ yard throws are rare, 40+ are hens teeth (.325% of pass attempts by high end to elite QB's).