View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #92
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
1. Agree totally on Keo
2. Agree with concerns regarding Delmas and Phillips
3. You have no idea whether Reed would play for us or not.
4. I love Landry and think he is worth the gamble.

Franchising Quin would eat up our available cap and make other moves very difficult. I'd like them to sign him but I don't want them to overpay on a 4 or 5 year deal. So, I like that they have let him look around.

If Quin goes, there are a lot of quality veteran options that will allow money to be allocated elsewhere. Also, we will have 10-11 draft picks and it is a deep group of safeties. So, if we don't grab one of the following (Landry, Goldson, Delmas, Reed, etc..), we still will get Mikell, Sensabaugh, DLandry, Crocker, Bigby, Huff, Elam, A.Wilson, etc... and also address the group in the draft.
Thanks, good insight. Only death is certain but I doubt Ed Reed will ever be in a Texans uniform, especially after winning the Super Bowl. I think he will retire a Raven. Mikell would be a great option, I would love to see him in a Texans uniform. Huff is another guy who I would like for us to sign. I doubt we sign Landry to a long term contract due to his injury history and the fact that he is asking for 6 million dollars per year. Some idiot GM will probably give it to him too. Sensabaugh would be a considerable downgrade IMO. Crocker seems to be past his prime and Bigby is another guy with an injury history. Not too excited about this FA safety class.

Last edited by SW H-TOWN; 03-12-2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention Michael Huff.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote