View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 368131 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Myth of the Long Ball & Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
If you go back and read my post in the Mike Wallace thread, I never said the word "arm".
I didn't quote you because I wasn't trying to make it particular post - just what it lead me to look up.

Quote:
This year, the most telling play was when Schaub rolled out on a play action bootleg, planted, surveyed the field, had all damn day to throw it, and then underthrew Casey by at least a couple yards, for an inexcusable INT. Tell me what stat that falls under.
He had 0 INT's on passes thrown over 30 yds (the other QB's combined for 5).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Any idea how many INTs each of them made during these passes?
I remember Brees had 3 of the 5 INT's and then two others had 1 each. Edit - Peyton and Rodgers had 1 each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Rep. People can and will spin stats how they like. Watch the games.
I am sorry but at some point the eyeball test says more about the beholder. If these other QB's are so much better at slinging the ball, over the course of 4000 pass attempts it should be reflected. Bottom line, folks are being anti-homers on Schaub and the Texans from Rodgers not even attempting to throw the ball down field as much to Flacco being wildly inaccurate with his big gun of an arm. I would have bet money people's eyes would have said Rodgers threw down field more often and Flacco was more accurate.

Last edited by infantrycak; 03-12-2013 at 09:04 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote