View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #20
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Myth of the Long Ball & Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If we're talking about new receivers, I completely agree. Anything to increase the chance of a reception & moving the chains.

But.... if we're talking about guys he's been throwing to since 2006 (Andre, OD, Walter), he should be able to lead them with a high level of accuracy, I would think. Other QBs, like Peyton obviously doesn't need 6 years to get his timing down.

Open is open & if we're talking about guys like Andre & OD, you're costing yourself Touch downs. Maybe not on the 40 yards in the air passes, but on your 15 & 20 yarders that should turn into 30 & 40 yard gains.
I hear ya. I think he holds the ball a bit to make extra sure the guy is open, if that makes sense. Notice that he doesn't get picked too often going deep. It does cost you TDs but you also end up with 40 completions which aren't bad
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote