View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #83
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Not a big fan of that. I love Ed Reed but he has always been the centerfield type. We can't replace Quin with a centerfield safety unless we shift Manning's role to what Quin does now. I've already given my opinion on shifting Manning.
There are also guys like Adrian Wilson, Abram Elam, DLandry, Bigby that can play SS well... Plus, some of what Quin did this year was a result of a lack of coverage ability at LB. Cushing's health and the addition of someone like McIntosh, Akeem Jordan, Boley, M.Lawosn, Keith Rivers, or Dansby could change the need for a safety that can play in the box. By the way, in today's NFL, I'd much rather deal with two safeties that struggle to plug the run than safeties that can't cover a tight end.