View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kevin Walter Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
If he had been cut, then he could have signed with another team whenever. However, I doubt another team really would have spent a dime on him before they saw what else was available. Plus, it's a very deep WR draft. I would imagine most teams would look at a mid-round rookie receiver as a better alternative to Walter.
I wouldn't be so sure. It's always nice to have a vet that can be depended on & with so many young teams out there.... couldn't hurt. He most likely wouldn't cost the other team a great deal of money, shouldn't hurt their plans going forward. As been stated, the Texans is the only team he's going to be playing #2WR for.

Anyway, that's his agents job. Doesn't hurt the Texans in anyway to cut him early & bank the money, start working on the next thing. The only reason I can think the Texans would have waited so long for, is because they only recently made up their minds that it needs to be done.

Which doesn't look good for this FO (imo).