View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #59
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But how many times was he covering someone most people wouldn't put a safety on?

I think it's hard to judge Quin based on stats. How does he allow 95.9 QB ratting, but have 16 passes defensed & 2 Ints? And a sack & a hundred tackles?

Was he the only one on defense?

He passes the eyeball test to me. He's a baller & we need them on this team.

I agree, he's not an "at all cost" player, & he's not going to pick one & take it to the house, or look as pretty as Jarius Byrd. But he deserves to be well compensated.

Hopefully he understands what his true value is & Rick Smith is at least in the ball park. If he decides to walk after that, then it is what it is. Can't blame Rick for not overpaying, can't blame Quin for getting all he can while he can.
Eh, you either get the job done or you don't, right? More teams have shifted corners to the safety position so this isn't some new phenom. They do this to matchup with the same type of players we're matching Quin up with now. It's the evolution of the game. Manning was holding the same coverage assignments in 2009. In basic packages for the Bears he was strong safety (i.e. extra linebacker) and in spread he moved to nickle and someone else came to safety.

As for rating, it is calculated (from what I gathered) same as QB rating is. Yes, he has the stats you stated except the tackles. Only 84 of those (64 solo). He also allowed the 3rd most touchdowns for safeties. He was also the highly targetted on our team like Kareem. So he allowed more receptions.

Our secondary wasn't that strong folks. So far I have heard KJax was great, Joseph was good, McCain was good before being injured and now Quin is amazing too. LOL so where is the weakness that the spreads attacked so much if everyone is so good? Sure wasn't just linebackers or Manning since his season was similar to Quin's.

In any case, as said earlier. No one is saying he is a bad player. Haven't heard one person say it yet. He's just not exceptional. He's solid and we all rather keep him. So again what is the discussion unless you think he is top notch.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote