View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #58
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Also how does anybody go about assigning a QB rating that was allowed by one defensive player??? That's impossible to do. How do they determine that he allowed the TD and not somebody else. We have already had this discussion on silly stats a million times. A QB rating allowed assigned to a defensive player? Seriously?

Quin provides us with a safety that can man up on the slot and TEs effectively and can play the run well. Name me some guys in free agency or through the draft that can do it as well as him.

I'll save you some time and tell you that there aren't any that will sign for lower than Quin and we can't afford a slip in production. Safety play is the most important thing in THIS Wade defense outside of pass rush. You start putting Manning or a less competent man cover safety in Quin's role and we are going to get SMASHED by the likes of the Patriots and other spread offenses. Just warning you now.
So basically you say that you can see Quin is doing all this, handling his coverage responsibilities to the degree no one else can do yet when someone else reviews the games and tapes they aren't capable of evaluating and coming up with the QB rating against that player because they have no clue about his assignments? But somehow you know. The rating has been there for a several years at this point so yeah...it is possible.

Put it like this...you are trying to say no one can do what he does. That is a stretch because he lines up next to someone that did it and does it. One, the safety spots are interchangable. So Manning will get smashed shows you are assuming. He played the role with the Texans to an extent but also with the Bears. He played nickle back to cover the slot guys then moved to SS in the box for the Bears. He had the same responsibilities when they didn't utilize cover 2 which is a majority of the time when he was the strong safety. Manning played FS, NB, SS and FS again. So yeah, he can do it too. And we have no clue if those like Byrd could either. But I simply bring up Manning because I'm a Bears/Texans fan so have seen him since his rookie year. He was a pet for Lovie Smith.

As for us getting smashed by spreads. Heh, we did. Our secondary was 16th in the league after all. Spreads already are killing us so what would be so different?

Anyway, as others said, he is solid and pretty much everyone wants him back. I see little reason of arguement because guys simply don't want to overpay for him but want him back. We all know we are better with him than trying to fill yet another hole. But it shouldn't come at the cost of our future re-signings and moves.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote