View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Put it like this...Quin allowed a QB rating of 95.9 and the 3rd most touchdowns allowed by safeties last year. Is that 'can't miss talent?' type of numbers where you break your bank? Course not. Solid but not exceptional.
But how many times was he covering someone most people wouldn't put a safety on?

I think it's hard to judge Quin based on stats. How does he allow 95.9 QB ratting, but have 16 passes defensed & 2 Ints? And a sack & a hundred tackles?

Was he the only one on defense?

He passes the eyeball test to me. He's a baller & we need them on this team.

I agree, he's not an "at all cost" player, & he's not going to pick one & take it to the house, or look as pretty as Jarius Byrd. But he deserves to be well compensated.

Hopefully he understands what his true value is & Rick Smith is at least in the ball park. If he decides to walk after that, then it is what it is. Can't blame Rick for not overpaying, can't blame Quin for getting all he can while he can.