View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #48
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Three questions:

2. How much do you really think Kevin Walter would have benefitted had the above happened? It's not like he's missing out on any of the free agency period as defined by the start of the new league year, and it's also doubtful that any team(s) would have been beating a path to his door sign him if he had been available. Cutting him the night before opening day, I can see the issue - cutting him the first day of the new league year doesn't seem unfair at all (if being fair even matters).
If he had been cut, then he could have signed with another team whenever. However, I doubt another team really would have spent a dime on him before they saw what else was available. Plus, it's a very deep WR draft. I would imagine most teams would look at a mid-round rookie receiver as a better alternative to Walter.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote