View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #47
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31193 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I like Kevin Walter. Teams need guys like that. I have never had a problem with Kevin Walter. What I have had a problem with is the coaching staff putting him in a position that he was never really suited for. What I have a problem with is how he has been a #3/#4 level receiver, paid like a #2/#3 level receiver, and yet the team is still worse without him, as of this moment. Maybe they have a plan to replace him, but I sure haven't grown to trust their decisions at WR.

Good luck, Kevin Walter.
I agree with this. Walter's not a terrible receiver. He's got great hands, and I rarely ever see him drop a pass.

But like you said, he's a #4/#3 (at best), and he's getting paid like a #2, and playing as our #2. That's where the problem is. No, our WRs are not better without him, but cutting him gives us more cap space to pursue other options at WR that may upgrade our #2 position.