View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
It's a good move. I'm all for celebrating when the organization makes good decisions like they have done here. However, it should be remembered, that Kevin Walter was a heck of a player for the Texans. He was always on the field. Never created problems. Made many big catches and did all the little things (like blocking) to help this team win.

It was frustrating watching the wide receiving corp struggle to get open and create separation the past two seasons, but he was never paid to be the guy that stretches the field. He always did his job and did it well.

Thank you, Kevin Walter, for the past six years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Thank you for the memories!! We loved you and wish you well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaub2Dre View Post
Thanks for the memories Kevin. I'll always remember that Playoff clinching catch you made 2 seasons ago against the Bengals, and that monster game you had against the Jags couple years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Walter will be missed in the run game, but it was clear that what little he offered in the pass game was dwindling. I'm not sure if I want him back unless it's at the vet min and even then I might favor the young guys.

Good locker room guy, did everything asked, squeezed all his talent out on the field, but he was somewhat limited athletically. Good guy, and I'll miss seeing him out there, but the timing was right for this.
Agree with the above. Respected him for how he played and the kind of pro he was. I wish him well also.

OTOH, not surprised either.
Here's hoping Posey makes a full recovery. I think he's the heir apparent, not Jean or any of the others.

Wonder if this means less of a "run-first" mantra from the offensive brain trust.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote