View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #42
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Which is confusing to me.

Why now? This could have been done three months ago, giving Kevin more time to find a team before FA.

Why not restructure? Surely Walter doesn't believe he'll make equivalent money elsewhere.

I know that I don't know, but the way the Texans conduct business just seems awkward to me.
Three questions:

1. How would it have been better for the Texans if he'd been cut three months ago, or two months ago, or two weeks ago?

2. How much do you really think Kevin Walter would have benefitted had the above happened? It's not like he's missing out on any of the free agency period as defined by the start of the new league year, and it's also doubtful that any team(s) would have been beating a path to his door sign him if he had been available. Cutting him the night before opening day, I can see the issue - cutting him the first day of the new league year doesn't seem unfair at all (if being fair even matters).

3. In what way is it "awkward"? There's been a steady stream of NFL players getting cut over the last few days, including others being cut today (Antoine Winfield for one). There will also very likely be cuts over the next few days. It doesn't seem awkward at all to me - it just seems like the way much if not most of the NFL conducts business.