View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
No, that actually won't be ok. When Quin moves into that position in nickel and dime, it is because that is the only way we can matchup with teams that spread out defenses. It barely works as is, because Wade Phillips doesn't want to come off his man scheme. So, no, that will not work. We will need two players to replace Quin if said rookie can't fill that role. It's either that or change the scheme, which is not going to happen.
My understanding is Quin only moved into that role when the LBs fell apart. It is not the scheme Wade prefer to run frequently. Man is good so let's not knock Phillips for that (if you were). ANother LB in draft that can cover will work.