View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
True. Or maybe Winston wanted to stay in Houston and would have only renegotiated with a No Trade Clause.
The way I remembered it, the Texans found out a few days before the start of the new season what the cap number was going to be. Similar to what we saw this year.

They had 4 days, maybe a week, to find a way to get under the cap. I'd like to think they put feelers out rather quickly to find out what they could do, in addition to what they already planned on doing, to get under the cap that fast.

I don't think cutting Winston was part of their original plan. But they were up against a wall & had to do something. Maybe they talked to his agent & the feeling they got back was, yes they'll restructure, but it was going to take some time & they didn't have any.

I'm not the biggest Eric Winston fan, most likely I'm the biggest anti-Winston fan. But what we did felt rushed & not thought out to me.