View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #34
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Which is confusing to me.

Why now? This could have been done three months ago, giving Kevin more time to find a team before FA.

Why not restructure? Surely Walter doesn't believe he'll make equivalent money elsewhere.

I know that I don't know, but the way the Texans conduct business just seems awkward to me.
Only thing I can guess is they took the time to evaulate options via draft and wanted to see all the possibilities in free agency in terms of who was released and get a feel for what type of contracts some are seeking. Guess they have specific targets in mind that made them feel more comfortable with the release. I always found it a service to the player though that if you are going to release a guy then get it over with so they can get on the radar of other teams.

Thankful for the work he put in but it was time for us to move on. But 76 is right in that our work at developing receivers leaves something to be desired and makes it a bit worrisome at the same time.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote