View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #27
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
With Manning, JJo, and KJax back there I think we can play a rookie safety and be in good shape. Well, it would depend on who the safety is. If it's a 6th round pick he might struggle more than someone like Vaccaro. I wouldn't mind him back there, but I'm afraid his off the field issues would keep him from being considered.
Not unless the rookie is ready to man up against NFL slot receivers and TEs right away . He will also have to play Quin's role in nickel and dime situations, which is unorthodox. He also needs to be a solid tackler considering how many TD saving tackles Quin made from that position.

This whole "Quin is not that important or good" attitude is perplexing, almost funny.

I'd like to hear the 6 or 7 defenders that are more important to the Texans than Quin. I'm not talking about Antonio Smith, a guy at the end of his career. That's not comparable to how important Quin can be if signed to a new contract. I certainly wouldn't pay a guy like Smith big money right now if he were an UFA. Quin still has alot of football left in him. So, you have Watt and Cushing that are more important than Quin to our future, name some more. I'll give you JJo too.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote