View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Newton Has Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Well hell, in terms of playing time, David Carr was a great QB. How about in terms of quality playing time?
I hear ya' LOL.

In term of quality playing time, Jones and Brooks didn't shine, but they gave enough effort to compensate for the loss of Brisiel and Caldwell.

No, neither of them played as well as Brisiel nor Caldwell (when healthy), but they didn't stink up the joint (even though they left much to be desired.)

We would most likely fare better with Ryans when Cushing went down, but we wouldn't have anybody at RG either when Caldwell went down.

I must be honest though; I would rather that the Texans only drafted one of those two (and promoted Shelley Smith). They drafted "rather well", but ... I think they miscalculated; they let the Rams get away with a "hard-earned" late round pick there.

On the other hand, Shelley Smith is another example to show that the Texans drafted pretty well.

Overall, I must say that the scouting department has been doing a fairly good job.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote