View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #67
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
True. Or maybe Winston wanted to stay in Houston and would have only renegotiated with a No Trade Clause. I couldn't see him taking a pay cut with the chance he'd be traded when he could just negotiate a higher contract with team(s) of his choosing.

Overall in the context this thread was constructed, I'm a Rick Smith fan and think he's done a great job improving this team.
I thought about the no-trade clause, too.

I mean, Winston has been a decent RT; it's not like he's garbage.
You've got to give something to get something; that's the way of good business.
The days of squeezing players are gone.
Now, it's a free market where the price is dictate by the "perceived" value of a certain player.
The agents know that; and those guys are sharks!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote