View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #93
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Matt Schaub Compendium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That's a great line, man. The thing about statistics is that they can often be presented in a way to support any given perspective.

But my own gut feeling of Schaub is a direct result of watching him in action for big games and high pressure situations this past season. There is nothing in his demeanor or performances that leads me to believe that he can carry this team on his back like most SB-winning QBs have done.

Even guys like Eli Manning and Joe Flacco, who are not elite QBs, played above and beyond their regular season selves to elevate their play which propelled their teams to victory in the post-season. Matt's one playoff year did not inspire anything close to that, and at 32 years old and declining physical health, there is nothing to indicate that he will be that kind of QB.

I saw too much of Warren Moon's spectacular regular seasons and abysmal playoff chokes to get worked up about a bunch of regular season stats. It certainly makes for a fun season to get to the playoffs, but it takes more than hope and butterfly kisses to win it all.

People keep bringing up Trent Dilfer like it's something to keep our hopes alive. But that happened 13 years ago, and let's not forget the most important aspect of his story: one of the greatest defenses in NFL history.
I dunno DB.

Performances by Manning in the play-offs never instilled great confidence in his fans. Even Brady's are spotty in the last half of this decade.

Eli was rather "lucky" because his defense gave him enough opportunities.
The same thing can be said about Flacco, he who also benefited from a lapse from the opponents' defense.

There's a difference between Moon and Schaub though.
Moon was paid to be "the man"; Schaub is being paid to be "one of the core players".

I'm nowhere near satisfied with Schaub's play.
I wish Keenum is an inch and 10-lbs of muscle more.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote