View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #73
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What the hell did we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I'm still amazed at the "down year for Foster" opinions that float around here. His YPC was down, but he still scored. He still ran for 1,400 yards. He didn't catch as many passes, but was he dropping all of those or were they going somewhere else? He had 2 first year starters blocking for him. That is going to play a role.

Maybe we all want (expect?) him to get 2,000 yards. While we are a run first offense we did have a QB and a great WR. We threw the ball, too. AP got his because they didn't have a QB in Minnesota.
Heh, I doubt any are saying anything about running 2000 yards. But he did have a down year in comparison to 2011. Someone made a great post somewhere breaking each game down. Now a lot goes one the line but that wasn't the sole issue with Arian. It was his yards after contact that seemed so different than 2011.

Put it like this...in 2011 Arian had two games he ran for an average of less than 2.0 yards a carry after contact. This includes playoffs.

In 2012 Arian had eleven games he ran for an average of less than 2.0 yards a carry after contact including playoffs. Quite the contrast.

So while he had issues with blocking on one side of our line it also seemed he wasn't getting the YAC he use to either. I think the slipping and falling has been spoken about quite a bit with folks saying he needs some steak in his life lol. Could he have been conserving himself? Who knows. But his averages went up toward the end of the season.

It's why I say you can't always just look at total rushing yards. There is more to it than that. Just like Peterson in comparison. He didn't get his just because of team philosophy. His yards after contact are out the freaking park including one game of a 8.9. Dude is just a beast.

As for the original point of the thread the answer is easy....we won. You win players begin wanting more money because their value increases, teams begin stripping you of players, etc. If anything it speaks on how things have changed here when no one wanted a darn soul from us.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote