View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #35
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Ravens trade Anquan Bolding to SF for 6th-round pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
This!

If you say you wish we had Boldin, please state who you'd want cut to have him.
Well, I am no capologist, nor do I pretend to be. I will say that I would rather have had Boldin on the team for the past three seasons than Kevin Walter, one of either OD or Dreessen, Anthony Hill was here in 2010, one of either Dan Outofboundsky or Leinart, Bryant Johnson, Amobi Okoye, or frankly, Kareem Jackson, who still hasn't earned his 2010 or 2011 salary. So how you work all that out, I don't know, but I feel like they could have afforded Boldin if they wanted to. And AJ + Boldin would damn sure have been an improvement over AJ + OD and the Wonder Scrubs.

Yeah, every decision has consequences on the salary cap, but that reasoning kicks as hard as it shoots.

EDIT - I just had to go remind myself what the Orlovsky deal was. It was 3 years, $9M. I think that could have been money better spent on Boldin, personally.