View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #64
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
I like Smith overall but damn; Amobi Okoye???????
I don't think any of us like what we got out of Okoye, but he wasn't what I would consider a bust. He just underperformed his draft status.

As a pretty high first rounder, we expected an impact player and he was never one of those, just an average or below average 43 Under-Tackle.
He never fulfilled his "potential", and so we hope Rick Smith and Kubiak learn the lesson not to draft a player too high based on his "potential".

Now if Mercilus turns out to be another ho-hum player; that would be OK, because he was drafted late in the first round. He has yet play up to his draft status, but he hasn't got as much opportunity as Brooks Reed did as a rookie.

I'd like to see him take the next step; otherwise, it will be a negative mark for the FO and the scouting department.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote