View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013   #69
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What the hell did we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
C'mon Bro, I dont buy that one bit. Since this teams inception the Texans have been labled 'the classy organization' and how many superstar free agents have come here?

Fact of the matter is that Foster WAS an undrafted free agent, and should be happy to have been given the chance , furthermore the amount of the contract had plenty of people raising their eyebrows would Foster have been happy with 30 MILLION with 15 guaranteed VS the 45 MILLION deal he was given? Would there have been a holdout situation? I doubt it.

Ethics? These are grown men geting paid to play a game where the minimum salary is what 300,000 for a 'scrub' player? Popping Roids has an ethical incentive to it, punching funbags in the dog pile has some ethical implications. Handing out millions of dollars 'just because' has no ethical value.

I get it, you like Foster. So do I. I just think the contract was too much. Had a down year this year? What if next year he has yet another down year?

My opinion is that Rick Smith doesnt get enough of the heat, that Kubiak gets burned at the stake for the lack of ability in the front office to get the most value out of the cap.
Seems like all the players the texans let go now are a high commodity. Think about it real hard, we draft guys like Cushing, Demeco, Watt, KJ, OD, AJ, Reed NONE of these guys are "characters" they are all classy guys that a lot of teams would kill to have.

And we build through the draft so even if a player wanted to come here u think the staff is just like come on in, and replace or future prospect. Get real that isnt how the NFL works