View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013   #45
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
LOL

How long has Rick been here?

How many playoff wins? Super Bowls?

Tell me more about the Texans annual cap situation?
I don't think he has to win a SB to prove that he is a good GM. As long as he can consistently whip out strong teams from year to year and build a really strong one back if we have a lousy season, then that's the sign of a good GM to me. When I see Rick Smith standing pat every off season with this mythical dream that some rookies out of the draft are going to cover up the gaping holes we have on this team from year to year, then that shows me that the guy doesn't learn from his past mistakes, nor from other mistakes in history with other franchises. I certainly don't expect to see him making the Texans a major player in free agency or trades in every off season, but since he has been here it has only taken place in one off season out of what 6 or 7 now?? That's a horrible ratio and I don't see him managing the cap situation that well. Not that the Texans cap is easy with a lot of the successful 1st round picks and all, but I find it incredibly challenging for anyone to make a case that Rick Smith is some rennaisance man as a GM in this league.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote