View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013   #39
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Getting outbid for players isnt necessarily being shrewd. handing out deals before the contract is fulfilled is stupid. Most good GM's want to be sure of what they are about to mortgage the farm for. Doesnt use the franchise tag to his advantage tokeep quality players on the team, even when the team isnt in danger of going over the cap to keep guys around an extra year to see if they continue the upward trend and truly deserve the long deal. Overpaying his guys because he thinks 'they deserve it' is dumb.

I like the truly shrewd GM's. like the guy from baltimore,denver,san francisco,seattle. Our GM is just like the majority of the brass, good enough.