View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013   #59
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What the hell did we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Steel, I'm human... I was pessimistic as we headed into the playoffs this year. I knew we had no chance to win at New England. Even on gameday, I couldn't trick myself into hopefulness.

But, looking at a group of safeties that include Goldson, Delmas, Landry, Landry, Phillips, Mikell, Sensabaugh, Chung, Charles Woodson, along with Quin... and seeing most of the NFL is up against the cap, I feel great.

Same thing at Tight End! There is a ton of talent at tight end... guys like Delanie Walker and Fasano that could really help our running game.

Heading into this week, Casey and Quin were the two guys I didn't want to lose. Now, I'm not worried.

Also, supposedly Dobbins, McCain, and Bradie James are all drawing some interest by other teams... so, we are setting up this off-season to gain compensatory picks again for 2014. I think Rick Smith is doing one heck of a job! Only injury-riddled seasons will prevent this team from 10 wins or more for the next four or five seasons. So, yeah, I'm feeling great!
Pittsburgh has lived off Compensatory picks for years. We have enough draft picks to fill holes that we currently have and replace a couple of guys that will leave.

I'd rather not lose Quin, Jones, or Casey, but the only irreplaceable guys are all signed.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote