View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013   #82
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15632 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Matt Schaub Compendium

One thing that REALLY stood out to me was teams that surpassed us in the playoffs were not settling for Field Goals. That's on the Kubiak as well, though. I will give Schaub the Casey drop, but the Bengals INT inside the 20 and the INT straight to the Mikovich on NE are as bad as interceptions can get in the post season. The almighty important 3rd down when Schaub scrambled wide the F open just to throw it away. The drop he had where it had looked like divine intervention or a ghost swiped it out of his hand. I don't know how you guys feel about the QBR system, but his rating was below 75 (some sub 50) in all prime time games of them except for 2nd NE game. I'm not quite sure on that one but we didn't score in the entire 3rd quarter I believe. The unbelievably caught Posey TD was when the game was already decided.

2013: Year of the Schaub. Could he be the most pressured QB going into this season? He certainly has a good chance of becoming that.. I really have no emotion going into this season to tell the truth. I'll watch and root, but I wont get my hopes up. Gary and Matt have been with each other long enough for me to come to this realization. Of course, that's my opinion. We may win a majority of our regular season games, but your QB has to make plays on the fly when playoffs come. 2009 Schaub would have a good chance of tearing it up, but I think this injury and a sprinkle of age did him in. Add in Kubiak's conservative approach and it's a recipe for another unfulfilled season.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote