View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013   #21
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31940 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Yeah it was rather obvious the Texans were interested in Nnamdi. Especially when even Andre Johnson joined in trying to recruit the guy to the team. But still smart of Smith to pull out on that one and get two players for the price instead of one.

Other than that...eh. I'm half and half. Winston and Demeco did not have bad seasons so we shouldn't paint it like they did and give praise for Smith on that based on their play last year. It was good to get the cap room for the re-signings we have on the table and that is where he can receive that credit. At the same time we ended up hurting in those spots so the gamble went 50-50. We got cap room but also got medicore to poor play.

Barwin, Smith did try to resign. It's Barwin who veto'd the contract amount. So that was more about Barwin overestimating his worth after one season. Though could say at least Smith didn't get carried away in his offer.

Brisel...a trained chimpanzee would know not to pay him that amount. Guess this says something about the Raiders, huh? LOL

Jason Allen was about as average as one could be (and I am being charitable)so not resigning wasn't some brain racking decision.

Mario Williams....see the chimpanzee remark (Tells you about the Bills, doesn't it)

So some of this I could give cred to but not all. He's done a decent job because we could definitely have worse and he does an adequate job draft wise.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote