View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I can say with confidence that you are wrong about that. I was following the team very closely two years ago, and it was clear the Texans were never serious about bidding for Asomugha. Still, it doesn't really matter. The Texans had the money to spend and could have offered Asomugha a deal he would have accepted. They chose not to, choosing instead to allocate the money towards the combination of Joseph and Manning. It was a good decision.
I can say with confidence you have no idea what was going on in the Texans FO at that time. There were many reports at the time saying that we were one of 3-4 teams in the running. We bailed when Aso decided to take his time in making a decision.