View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004   #8
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730
Default Re: Sean Salisbury: Texans Are Playoff Contenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
As a really big Texans fan, yea it feels good to get this positive press. Was it
based on our performance against the Cowboys Saturday ? They may not be
very good anyhow. And anyhow, if we go 4-0 in preseason, it won't mean one
damn thing Sunday at noon, Sept. 12. I think I'll wait 'till October before
I start speculating for real about our playoffs chances.
it doesnt mean a whole lot, but i got an email about preseason games from the nfl, im sure someone else got it too. but here it is:

"The NFL preseason is here, and winning games can be important. Just look at the numbers. The past 10 Super Bowl champions had a combined 30-12 (.714) preseason record in the year they won the Super Bowl. Nine of those 10 teams posted .500 or better preseason records. Last summer, the eventual Super Bowl teams - New England and Carolina - were unbeaten (8-0) in the preseason."

so does it really really matter