Rick Smith looks smarter every day
The NFL is confirming that Rick Smith has become a shrewd S.O.B.... Look at how his very difficult and controversial decisions the past few seasons have turned out:
1. Dunta Robinson- Falcons cut him 3 years into that monster deal.
2. Asomugha- remember how many people wanted us to get him. Disaster for Phillie! Joseph was cheaper, younger, and has been much better.
3. Winston- Surprising cut by Houston last year. Less surprising, KC cut him this year.
4. Demeco- We got out from under that contract and received to mid round picks. A year later, Phillie is struggling to keep him and he was part of an awful defense.
5. I wanted Barwin signed before last year. Smith didn't and he's going to be cheaper now.
6. Briesel- hardly worth $20 million he received last year (and we are about to get a 5th or 6th round pick as compensation for not letting him destroy our cap)
7. Jason Allen? Didn't miss him and about to be rewarded a 6th round compensatory pick for him.
8. Mario- Anyone doubt that anymore? (plus a 3rd rounder this year)
9. Kareem Jackson pick- Not looking too bad after last season.
10. 10-11 picks this year in the draft.
11. Literally, according to my info, Texans have $73,000 of dead money this year. Wow!