View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Draft QB in 1st or 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
This is my approach as well with the thinking that whichever position group is the deepest is the position that there will be a run on in the 1st. Happens every year. I remember in 2008 all the talk about who we should have available to us at the tackle position by the time we pick..Clady.....Cherilus...Otah...Albert. Duane Brown was an after thought. I remember folks on this board were upset b/c Brown was thought to be a project player..I'd say we nailed that one though lol.

Now If Geno falls that far,the football gods might've finally smiled down on us a little....can't see it though...dude was rumored to be the top overall pick at 1 point.
Alex Gibbs made that pick.

Funny how a HOF OL coach can pick projects that actually reach their potential. Regardless of how a large contingent of this MB felt about the Brown pick. The Brown pick was one of the few times that Rick/Gary took a chance by trading down and picking a project like Brown. You can do things like this if you have great asst coaches.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote