View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013   #147
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81710 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WRs who might be in the 2013 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Greg Cosell is with you on Mellette. All I saw was NC & wasn't impressive & '11 AS where he dominated a small CB. Bad drops in both.
I didn't get to watch the UNC game, just the short clip on YouTube.
Melette is pretty raw in his route running and he seems to be a bit stiff in the hips (as his 20 SS time indicates).
That might be part of the reasons he doesn't run the short routes very clean.
From what I read and saw during the Senior Bowl week, things seem to point that way.

But overall, his reviews from the Senior Bowl and the combine are quite positive.

I have to rewatch the AS game to see who covered him, but I thought AS has a tall CB that has a draftble grade.
Also, he did well against Casey Heyward (from Vandy) who was drafted in the second round and became a starter for the Packers.

With the depth of this draft, I might have to drop him to the fourth round.
There are other receivers who improved their games more than I thought they would when the season first started.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote