View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013   #50
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What the hell did we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
My $.02:

I also have been concerned. Local sports talk is greatly influencing me, so feel free to talk me off the ledge.

Without losing our FA's, we have managable needs to fill:
-WR
-ILB
-pass rusher
-right O line starter or depth
-nose tackle starter or depth

It is starting to look like after FA, if we were to lose them all (which I doubt):
-WR
-ILB
*OLB
*TE
*FB
*SS
-right O line starter or depth
-nose tackle starter or depth

That second list seems insurmountable, especially considering we are mostly cap broke. That's where the fear/frustration is coming in.
The market is flooded with free agents and there is very little money available. The Texans are in very good shape being easily under the cap with no dead money and a lot of guys that can get cut or restructured, if needed. The pain from last year (Winston, Briesel, Ryans) is going to pay off now. Add to our cap health the fact that we have 10 or 11 draft picks this year... things look good.

The Texans are going to let the market price down Quin, Barwin, McCain, Casey, etc... Look at all the hard cuts teams are having to make. I'm feeling very optimistic right now.