View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013   #64
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Matt Schaub Compendium

I think Matt Schaub is capable of being every bit as good as Joe Flacco. Many people rated Schaub slightly ahead of Joe Montana, I mean err, Joe Flacco going into last season. Just a matter of him getting hot at the right time and playing out of his mind come playoff time. Of course, I say that just to feel better about the this team right now. We aren't good enough to win a Super Bowl at the moment. Hopefully that will change after a good free agency and draft. I want to enter the 2013 season with some swagger and a sense of urgency. Our window of opportunity to win a championship isn't very big. I'd say it has to happen in the next season or two while Andre Johnson is still considered a top three wide receiver in the game. He wasn't even top ten, statistically speaking, before he got super hot during the Jaguars and Lions game last year and set a two-game NFL record for most receiving yards.

We are stuck with Matt Schaub. He's our guy for better or worse. If we were going to make a change we'd have done so last off-season when Peyton Manning had some interest in playing for the Texans. That was a realistic upgrade at the QB position and we failed to pounce on it. So now we have to hope Schaub is capable of leading us to that Lombardi Trophy. If Joe Flacco can do it then certainly Matt Schaub has a chance.