View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SW H-TOWN Pre-Free Agency Mock Draft

impressive haul, like your picks.

why is it so difficult to distinguish which WR to select in the first? with exception of Austin it's just that tightly bunched. unlike last year draft a team, like Texans, have some viable options. Hopkins should be a good pro receiver.

after discussing merits of nose or lack there of in this defense, it would seem a plus run defender is more in need. Brandon is more a penetrating, get up field attacking nose, along similar lines as Mitchell. Great value pick here however.

Too early for second dipping WR pool given other areas of need. Colbi is an excellent athlete however maybe if he slips to 5th rd or some other slot type WR like Connor Vernon?

Haven't seen much of Brennan Williams is he still recovering from injury? Having said that he doesn't seem like a good ZBS fit here. I really think Texans like Justin Pugh, plus he can play guard as well.

Hodges in the 4th is excellent value/need pick, I could go for it.

Duke is an intriguing safety prospect, high ceiling but a project, another good selection.

Love Powell. Actually have him rated much higher, ahead of Hodges & I think he could kick inside linebacker in 3-4. Getting both would solidify LB on this defense.

Steve Williams would be a great addition to bolster secondary depth. Waiting on Mayock to come back after reviewing his game film, had outstanding combine but is he just a workout warrior?

Big physical FB I like it!

You really focused on two areas, WR & secondary with quality bigs on both side of line. nice work.

BL

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote