Thread: OB's mock v.1
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OB's mock v.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
my memory must be failing, I remember him getting hurt against Detroit (last quality win, less beating Bengals again) he sat out one game, then was listed as probable through the season. Which does pose question how major of injury was it & then why wait until February to have surgery?
  1. Newton is either tough as heck, a competitor with passion for the game
  2. Texans medical staff determined he couldn't hurt it anymore that he was good to go on limited basis
  3. Texans Medical staff doesn't know what they're doing
  4. he re-aggravated injury after season

Anyway up to Detroit I thought he did play well, with exceptions of a few false starts which is to be expected. His development was hindered by the revolving door @ RG. Also Caldwell never came back from his injury, that certainly wasn't in the plans & under-story of entire season in regards to offensive line struggles. He is a free agent right? So with experience Brooks & Jones Texans should have much improved play next to Newton.
This is my evaluation also. McClain may be correct with surgery being major but nothing we know of (as you state) indicates that.